Friday, July 12, 2019

A Storm Is Coming

Where John and I live it is one of those strange days. The news casters say a storm is coming in.
Yet, by comparisons to previous storms this one is expected to be quite mild. Yesterday our neighbor Carol called on the cell. Would you mind sending John over to help her husband move some outdoor furniture she asked. Of course not, I replied, he will be rite over. What is it about our relationship that told her that it was not necessary to ask John, just me, I wondered.

Thank all of you for the great comments. Yes, like oysters, femdom is an acquired taste. And yes femdom looks and feels different from the inside than it does from the outside. And, words do have meaning. In the beginning it is difficult for a wife to think of her husband as her slave. One of my girl friends from Tara days emailed me in response to the recent series. You know Kathy, she said, we are our mother's daughters. We grow up with a sense of values and attitudes. In the eyes of our mothers we all want to be seen as good girls. While much of this is fine it sometimes keeps us from exploring alternative ways of living.

In the real world there is no reason why a woman can not be head of house as well as mistress to her man. There is really no law of nature against it. It is just the way we were raised. Like a good Catholic girl who goes to mass every Sunday because that's what her mother did and what she was taught was the right thing to do. Women feel guilty for not being the wife that they were conditioned to be as little girls. 'Good girls don't do that' we were told.

This morning John brought in my coffee as usual. As usual I had him kneel in front of my writing desk for a few minutes while we talked. 'Is there anything special I should do', he asked. He was talking in reference to the storm. 'No honey', I responded, 'I think you picked up everything yesterday'. 'Would you like permission to play golf today', I teasingly asked him. 'No thank you, mistress' he replied with a grin. What is most important in our relationship is letting John know that I love him. And, almost as important is to let him know each and every day that I am the boss. It is important for him to understand that as mistress and head of house I do as I please, In the same way it is just as important for him to be reminded that he does as told. Having him spend a few minutes on his knees is a gentle way of reminding him of his place in our relationship.


Love, Kathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Kathy, perhaps Carol noticed a commanding tone in your voice? Something subtle....as though you simply expected John to obey instructions?

Perhaps body language as well? Something subtle, such as the posture of a self confident person?


Ti'm

Anonymous said...

The terminology seems inadequate for Femdom. Perhaps we should invent new terms?

For example, a husband might think of his wife as his "Alpha".

Not sure what term might be used for a husband. I can imagine the word "slave" turning people off-it sound a lot like that kinky BDSM stuff.

Tim