Wednesday, October 4, 2017

The Notebook..

As he walked out of the room, Becky's words to me were 'sometimes I am too hard on him'.

The three of us had been up late that evening. It had been one of those days when parents earn their place in heaven. Finally the children had been bathed and put securely to bed for the night.
'In what way are you too hard on him', I asked Becky. 'You know, mom, we both work.' Then their was a silence as Becky slowly sipped on her drink. 'Yet, here it is after ten, and David is going to get my clothes ready for work tomorrow'. 'That is what submissive men love to do-that's what they live for' I replied. 'Sometimes yes', she replied, 'but David has had a hard day at work-why should he be these things for me".

At that moment I had no real answer for Becky's question. With the children in bed the three of us stayed up talking with the late night news blaring from the television. It was really more Becky and I doing the talking with David listening. A little earlier in the evening Becky asked if I would like an after dinner drink. 'Yes, a Bailey's would be good', I replied. 'David, get mom and I a Baileys-you may have one too'. What a thoughtful mistress, I thought. Like John, David is not allowed to drink any kind of alcohol unless he has  permission. She saved David the embarrassment of asking permission in front of his mother-in-law.

What I have found is that you can learn a great deal about a couple simply by listing to the way they interact. Becky's instruction to David for the Baileys was a command-a simple one-but a command. There was no please, no will you, or anything like that. The phraseology was very direct telling David what to do, and yet she said is with a sweet, feminine voice. It is my belief that women often fear taking control of their men leads to a kind of loss of femininity. From what I have seen this is not true. Being a mistress wife is all about being a woman and loving who you are as a person.
Becoming a mistress to a man is not about becoming some type of an odder who walks around with a whip acting like a monster from a Frankenstein movie.

What I can also see is that even after several years of marriage with three children David and Becky enjoy each others company. In the living room-unless there are guest-David generally relaxes on a pillow next to Becky's feet. I was very pleased that their usual routine was not disrupted because of my visit. And, what I noticed is that she will sometimes give him a little kiss on the back of his head, or rub the back of his neck with her fingers. Like my John, like most men, David loves the gentle touch of his wife's hands. And, when told to do something, he does it. He does it with a smile.
It is more than obvious that he is happy to be of service to his wife and mistress.

While I have said this many times on the blog it is worth repeating. What most women want is to be loved like a wife and respected like a mistress. Yes, Becky's after dinner drink was delivered with  a smile, but it also came with a slight bend of the knee.

Love, Kathy

2 comments:

beta bob said...

Dear Kathy,
This was an enjoyable post; not a conflict-fraught situation but a pleasant evening at home. I can imagine that David feels exhausted but is immensely pleased with his own sense of accomplishment for his wife.
It took me until I was in my late 50s to not only discover but to confess my own desire for an flr, and I think to myself, how lucky Becky and David are to have developed their own flr so early.
I wish them both great happiness and fulfillment.

I'm-Hers said...

You're making the assumption that asking to have a drink would be embarrassing to David. Today while Katie and were food shopping I asked if I could purchase two things. "Do you mind if I get an extra bag of grapes." and later, "Can I pick up a few half and halfs?" I'm sure others who were shopping heard me but I didn't think twice before asking. I knew what I was requesting wasn't on the shopping list I put together and so I asked. Not all 'requesting' is embarrassing.